Important rules in the use of Essential Oils
Essential oils are highly concentrated substances, so the following rules should be taken into account:
- Essential oils should not be applied undiluted to the skin.
- Dilution rules:
for face - 2 drops of total essential oils in 10 ml of base oil (1% solution)
for body - 8 drops of whole essential oils in 20 ml of base oil (2% solution)
- Children, pregnant women, people suffering from asthma, epilepsy, cancer, allergies should use essential oils with caution and only after consultation with an aromatherapist. For them, dilution is half the standard above.
- Phototoxic essential oils such as lemon, grapefruit, lime, bergamot, bitter orange may not be applied to the skin before sun exposure, because they can cause redness, allergic reactions, or pigmentation on the surface.
- Due to their high concentration, essential oils work in drops. In a 10 ml bottle of essential oil, there are approximately 200 drops of it
- Use only essential oils that are 100% natural in origin.
- Keep essential oils away from sources of heat and light. Keep the citrus oil in a refrigerator.
- Keep essential oils away from children and pets.
- When using essential oils, be careful not to get into the eyes or mucous membranes of the mouth
A rich palette of essential oils, essential oils, and aromatherapy products can be found on our product PAGE