- Boosts feelings of positivity
- Has antiseptic properties
- Clears skin and smoothes wrinkles
Geranium essential oil can help to recycle dead cells and regenerate new cells. This can helps to increase your metabolism. This essential oil is perfect for you if you are having respiratory problems. Add a couple of drops in hot water and inhale the steam to breathe easier.
Geranium can be dated back to ancient Egypt where it was used to make the skin brighter and radiant. Today it is still used in a lot of skin products. In addition to treating skin conditions, geranium is also used to boost mood, help with anxiety, and ease menstrual cramps and much more.
How to Use Geranium Essential Oil
- Diffuser: The scent of geranium is greatly cherished by many people. The aroma is sweetly floral as well as earthy and herbaceous. Whenever you would like to boost feelings of positivity and tranquility, add a few drops of geranium along with bergamot and lavender to your diffuser.
Geranium essential oil has a wide variety of benefits:
- Protect from Infection: Geranium has antiseptic properties, which means that if have a wound, geranium can kill the bacteria trying to get in. This plant also helps your immune system by preventing you from getting sick.
- Nerve Pain Reduction: To use this essential oil to prevent nerve pain all you have to do is add some drop of the oil to a carrier oil such as coconut, grapeseed, or sweet almond oil.
- Antidepressant and Mood Booster: The floral scent of geranium can boost your mood if you are feeling down. Diffuse geranium oil in your own home to boost your mood and decrease anxiety and depression.
- Clear the skin and smooth the skin: Geranium is great at helping you get a clear skin by fighting acne and reducing wrinkles. Just add a few drops to your favorite products.
Safety Considerations for Geranium Essential Oil
It is safe to use aromatically or topically. Not for internal use.
Blends well with:
Lavender, frankincense, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, basil, cedarwood, carrot or angelica. It also pairs well with citrus aromas like aOrange, Bergmot, Citronella, or Neroli.
Botanical Name: Pelargonium graveolens
Composition: 100% Pure Geranium Essential Oil
Origin: : South Africa
Method of Extraction: Steam distilled
Plant Part: Aerial parts
Color: Colorless to pale yellow
Odor: Sweet, green herbaceous, earthy
Perfumery Note: Middle
Strength of Initial Aroma: Strong